Inflammation is a contributing factor in so many serious health conditions. But not all inflammation is bad. When you experience an injury or are exposed to harmful pathogens, your body reacts with acute inflammation to speed circulation and healing nutrients to the affected site. It’s when inflammation becomes chronic that it turns from Dr. Jekyll to Mr. Hyde. And this troublesome type of inflammation is largely due to less-than-ideal lifestyle factors that set the stage for free radicals and the cellular damage they cause. The good news is, research has uncovered 5 high-impact ways to control and even reverse chronic inflammation:
1. Nix inflammatory foods from your diet: Sugar, Soda, Deli Meats, Fried Foods, Omega-6 oils, Refined wheat products
2. Add inflammation-taming foods instead: Berries, Fatty fish, Cruciferous vegetables, Whole grains, Green tea
3. Supplement with well-researched nutrients: Astaxanthin, Curcumin, Omega-3 fatty acids, Probiotics
4. Set yourself up for restorative sleep: Aim for 7-9 hours of sleep each night
5. Reduce stress and negative feelings in your daily life: Belly breathing, Meditation, Regular Exercise
Stress, including negative thoughts and feelings, triggers a stress response in your body that floods your bloodstream with chemicals. And these chemicals increase inflammation. On the flip side, your body releases “feel good” chemicals in response to positive thoughts and emotions. That’s why it’s so important to practice techniques that help manage your emotions and keep stress at bay.
Read more at: www.stopagingnow.com